Motherwell is a charity supporting women and girls to make positive choices for the health and well being, by way of, counselling, support and drop in clinics.
Location of position: Crewe/Winsford
To act as a trustee for the Motherwell Cheshire CIO. As treasurer, oversee the accurate and reliable management of the finance function within the Charity. Help
steer the Charity as it continues to grow.
Long-term. Attendance at quarterly meetings and regular contact with the team. Days worked - Weekday Evenings
Skills and Qualifications Required:
● Has the ability to act as a Trustee
● Preferably, holds an accounting qualification - Chartered, Management, Certified, Public
● Alternatively, as a minimum, must have experience and knowledge of bookkeeping, and financial management
● Understanding of Accounting and Reporting by Charities - Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP 2005)
● Good financial analysis skills
● Ability to communicate clearly
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Act as a trustee for the Motherwell Cheshire CIO.
Oversee the financial policies and procedures of the organisation.
Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place.
Monitor and report on finances, including budgets, reserves and restricted funds.
Oversee the production of financial reports, returns, accounts and audits.
Regularly review the long term strategy for the achievement of its objectives including plans for future development and sustainability.
Act within Charity Commission Guidance for trustees
Training and Support
Induction to organisation.
Trustee courses available via CVS
Charity Commission Guidance
Reimbursement of expenses
Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed:
● mileage costs @ 40p per mile up to a maximum.
● public transport up to a maximum of £25 per return trip