Wirral & Cheshire Badger Group
W&CBG Governing document and rules & committee role description
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The role and person specification are summarised below.
General financial oversight.
• To oversee and present accounts and financial statements.
• To liaise with committee about financial matters.
• To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
• To ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
• To ensure any recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
• To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
Financial planning and reporting.
• To present financial reports to the committee.
• To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM).
• To advise on the groups reserves policy.
• To ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity.
Qualities and Skills Preferred.
• Experience of financial control
• Experience of fundraising and applying for grants schemes.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
• Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
• Good time-keeping.
Time Commitment Required.
By Monthly committee meetings- first Tuesday of every month 8-10pm
The role of the Treasurer requires an estimated commitment of 5 hours per month.
To express an interest email firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete the contact form http://wcbg.org.uk/contact-us/