To support local people living with social isolation to participate in local activities.
Volunteer Peer Mentor Role Description Volunteer title: Peer Mentor Area: Ellesmere Port Project: The Wellbeing High Street Responsible to: Nicola Taylor - Volunteer Coordinator and Steve Horbaczewski - Programme and client liaison officer. Responsible for: Supporting individuals to access activities delivered through the Wellbeing High Street Main responsibilities and skills:
● Supporting adults to access local activities in Ellesmere Port
● Keep in regular contact with the mentee and Wellbeing High Street Staff
● To maintain professional boundaries
● Keep a log of hours, what activity was done and any outcomes
● Ability to report to staff any concerns that may affect the health and safety of the person you are supporting.
● To signpost - raise awareness of other services available that will benefit the individual and support them to access the service.
● To support the individual on a one to one basis to access group sessions - nb. you will never be lone working.
● Use of Wellbeing High Street mobile phone if necessary.
● Excellent communication and listening skills are essential
● Reliability and patience.
● A non judgemental attitude
● An understanding of confidentiality
● Ability to react in a calm and sensitive manner.
● Ability to encourage others.
● DBS check required (The Wellbeing High Street can support you with this)
● Time commitment - approximately 2-4 hours per week. DATE: May 2019 ROLE: Volunteer Peer Mentor.