Age UK Cheshire offers a free, impartial, confidential and non- judgmental advice service. We help on a range of issues, including health, housing, travel, money, welfare benefits and community care to the over 50s, their relatives, friends and carers.
We are seeking volunteers to support the remote delivery of this service.
If you could offer a few hours a week or more to help us support people in later life we would love to hear from you.
- Supporting advisors with telephone enquiries.
- Answering telephone calls remotely, responding to basic enquiries and triaging to an advisor/service when appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate records of work undertaken.
- Promoting the service where possible.
- Working to the quality standards set out by Age UK Cheshire.
- Potentially delivering information in public at drop in information ‘hubs’ (DBS check will be required for this).
- Patience and understanding
- Non- judgmental and respectful approach to other people
- Interest in older people and their wellbeing with an awareness of the challenges older people face
- Ability to listen and gather information
- Ability to use Microsoft programmes Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills over the telephone
- Ability to keep clear, concise, detailed records
- Ability to research information and have the confidence to share this information with service users
- Willingness to learn and work flexibly
- Adaptable to change
- Reliable and punctual
Training and Support
- Age UK Cheshire induction and service specific induction.
- Ongoing supervision and support.
- Other appropriate training as required.
- Age UK Cheshire policies and procedures including information on – Health and Safety, Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities, Adult Safeguarding.