People with learning disabilities have been hit hard by the Coronavirus pandemic. The threat is not just physical, but also emotional. And at a time when they need Hft’s support more than ever, the virus has affected our staff teams too. We still urgently need volunteers who can help Hft provide an emergency response to the increased needs of the people we support.
As an Hft Response Volunteer, you'll carry out simple but essential tasks to help frontline care staff continue to support people with learning disabilities throughout the Coronavirus pandemic. We’re looking for people who can:
- Assist with gathering supplies on behalf of people with learning disabilities
- Be on hand to help with other roles, such as making and delivering activity boxes
- Be a general helping hand to the front line staff and people we support
Volunteering can have huge benefits for you, Hft and your local community. As a COVID Response Volunteer, you can:
- Take proactive and positive action during this pandemic – and look after your own mental wellbeing by helping to ensure someone else’s
- Help our 3,000+ frontline staff, who are pulling out all the stops to ensure that people with learning disabilities receive vital care and support
- Do something extraordinary to support your local community and reduce strain on the NHS
- Support your local branch of Hft; a national charity that supports 2,500 people with learning disabilities to get more out of life
- Gain valuable experience for your CV
If this sounds like something you can do, please visit www.hft.org.uk/responsevolunteer and complete our simple online form. We look forward to hearing from you!