A volunteer is needed to help provide outstanding care and services for patients with life limiting illnesses.
The hairdresser role will be with patients in our Living Well Centre and In Patient Unit helping them to feel pampered, relaxed and good about themselves.
Skills and Qualities:
- Hairdressing qualification
- Good communication skills
- Calm and sensitive approach
- Reliable & dependable
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained at all times
This is a great opportunity to take on a new challenge and meet new people while helping to support a local charity. A Disclosure and Barring System check will need to be completed
What benefits will the volunteer gain from this role?
- Meet a variety of people
- Make new friends
- Gain new skills and experience
- Give something back
- Sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others
- A few hours on a weekly basis. Specific times will be agreed but volunteers should be prepared to make a regular weekly commitment