DSN is a charity which provides a wide range of services across Cheshire to improve the lives of Deaf and hard of people.
The 'I'm Hear' Project encourages and supports D/deaf children to participate in local activities of their choice, and to take part in family events. This includes regular Family Fun Events which are arranged across Cheshire.
Volunteers are needed to support the Project Team and D/deaf children and their families at these occasional social events.
- Welcoming and interacting with children and families during the events
- Completing signing in sheets and any required consent forms
- Helping with pre-prepared refreshments
- Working alongside DSN project workers to make sure that things run smoothly and that everyone enjoys themselves
- Tasks will vary depending on the event so volunteers need to be flexible
- Enjoying the day!!
Skills and Qualities Needed
- Good Communication Skills and some Deaf Awareness
- Confidence to communicate with D/deaf and hearing children and families
- Preferably BSL Level 1 (or learning)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Relevant information and training will be provided