Speaker Volunteers play an important role in maintaining relationships with our supporters across the UK – educating people about Parkinson’s and raising funds for our vital work.
Thanks to our volunteer speakers all over the country giving inspirational talks to community groups, churches and schools we can transform even more lives.
As a Speaker Volunteer, you would:
• Research groups in a geographical area, develop relationships and book talks
• Educate people about Parkinson’s
• Inspire groups to support Parkinson’s UK and raise funds
• Liaise with your Regional Fundraiser about planned talks and proactively seek opportunities to speak to local groups in your designated area
• Attend cheque presentations or local events on behalf of Parkinson’s UK and thank supporters and hosts
• Identify and develop potential fundraising opportunities
Volunteers need to have the following skills
• Confident speaking in front of groups of adults and/or children, as you will be speaking
to diverse groups
• Good communicator and listener, with interest/experience in public speaking
• Outgoing and bright personality, as you will be talking to groups and developing relationships locally.
Ability to speak welsh desirable but not essential
• Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised, as you will be attending events on
behalf of Parkinson's UK
• Knowledge of local groups a bonus but not essential
• Ability to travel around the local area
• A commitment to Parkinson’s UK’s vision, mission and values