To deliver a good volunteering experience within Mid Cheshire Foodbank including the recruitment, allocation, on-going management, retention and appreciation of all volunteers.
1. To lead on the recruitment of volunteers ensuring a efficient and effective response to all applications and a robust database of volunteers
2. To lead on the training of all volunteers running a regular training programme including: induction, updating and personal development
3. To lead on communication with volunteers providing regular updates and briefings
4. To lead on appreciation of volunteers arranging appropriate events and activities throughout the year
5. To ensure that MCFB has sufficient volunteers to support all its operations
6. To liaise with Food Distribution Centre Managers and Warehouse Manager to ensure their work rotas can be covered at all times
7. To work in partnership with managers and volunteers to address and resolve any issues which arise.
8. To develop a handbook for volunteers
9. To undertake exit interviews with all volunteers who leave MCFB and take appropriate action from feedback.
10. To undertake a review of all volunteer arrangements and to advise on improvements and once agreed to implement them
Key skills abilities and knowledge:
* Ability to plan and organise
*Ability to lead a team and work as part of a team
*Ability to work independently and unsupervised
*Good knowledge of diversity legislation and good practice
*Good operational knowledge of IT packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email systems
*Good working knowledge of social media
*Strong interpersonal skills
*Experience of interviewing/recruiting people
*Good oral and written communication skills
*Able to develop and run databases
2 days per week; will supervise other volunteers