Cheshire Centre for Independent Living is looking for Directors with knowledge/experience of disabled peoples' issues, that have an interest in providing effective governance at board level and be able to represent the organisation to both internal and external audiences.
We are particularly looking for individuals with experience in:
- Charity Law/Regulation
- Data Protection
- Quality Assurance
- Project Management
- Risk Management and Finance
Cheshire Centre for Independent Living is an equal opportunities employer. As an user-led organisation, run and controlled by disabled people, for disabled people, applications are particularly welcome from skilled disabled people.
It is estimated that the Director will have to commit to a minimum of 12 days per year in order to fulfil their role, Some of this may be in the evenings or weekends and will be spread over a number of meetings, including preparation, reading time and training.
Appointment will be for a fixed term of three years, renewable for a further two terms.
Individuals will receive induction training along with further training and support throughout their appointment in order to enable them to fulfil their role to the best of their abilities. They will be expected to commit to undertaking regular training during their time on the CCIL Board of Directors.
You will be:
- Ensuring that the organisation has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these;
- Being responsible for the performance of the organisation and for its "corporate" behaviour;
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- Acting as guardians of the organisations assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application;
- Ensuring that the organisation's governance is of the highest standard
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and audiences
- Strategic thinking, able to analyse complex information, demonstrate clear analytical intellect and guide rational decision making
- Able to demonstrate good awareness and understanding of the current political and financial environment
- Ability to plan strategically and with vision