Chapter offers a range of tailored services to people with long term and enduring mental ill-health. We work towards greater independence, improved confidence and steps towards education and employment. We cover the whole of West Cheshire and work with 120 people a year.
We are at an exciting stage in our history, being successful at securing funding to enable us to continue offering a solid support service, as well as access external expertise to improve our service offer, improve our impact measurement and improve our efficiency and professionalism. We have an enthusiastic staff team and supportive service-users.
This specific role is to guide and advise the Management Committee on Chapter's financial health and performance, supported by the Finance Officer.
Main duties will include:
- Guide and advise the Management Committee in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Keep the Management Committee informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the accuracy of the monthly management accounts as prepared by the Finance Officer
- Oversee the accounting procedures and key internal financial controls
- Liaise with Chapter's accountants over production of the annual financial accounts
- Ensure the timely filing of the financial statements with the Registrar of Companies and Charity Commission
- Six monthly meetings per year held in the evenings
- Six Finance Sub-Committee meetings per year
- Monthly scrutiny of the management accounts
- Three hours PM on average
- Guide and advise the Management Committee on Chapter's Financial Health and Performance, supported by the Financial Officer
- Experience of accounts and accounting
- Understanding of Charity Finance, including SORP
- Qualified accountant preferred
Out of pocket expenses will be paid upon presentation of receipts and a claim form, including reimbursement of travel costs between home and meetings