Do you have good organisational and listening skills, are friendly , reliable and able to take direction? Then, the Stroke Association in Chester would love to hear from you. Stroke Group Supporters play a valuable role with assist in the running of groups that support stroke survivors. These groups will either form part of our Life After Stroke Services or will be Stroke Association Voluntary Groups. Your skills will help to deliver the following:
- help arrange activities and events for the group by helping to provide information, researching and contacting local activity and/or service providers.
- Supporting service users to take part in activities organised for the group.
- Supporting Stroke Association staff or committee members to set-up and clear away venues where the group meets.
- Meeting and greeting service users.
- Providing refreshments.
- Potentially helping with other tasks that ensure the smooth running of the group such as risk assessments.
In return, you will gain experience of working within a team and for a charity that makes a substantial difference to stroke survivors and their families. You will also have plenty of opportunity to take part in a wide range of activities, meet lots of new people and gain an understanding and awareness of stroke and it effects. This role could also enhance your CV and or your existing skill set. The Stroke Association, will help you get up and running in your new role by supporting you with a Volunteer induction, regular and ongoing support from a named member of staff and reasonable out of pocket expenses ( reimbursed in accordance with the Stroke Association Volunteer Expenses Policy. Looking for reliable volunteers happy to support people. Good communicator to give advice and help.