The role is working with Syrian refugees who have moved to the local authority.
The formal support is carried out by P3, but the scope to carry out all areas of helping these families live independently requires help form the community to help with day to day tasks we can take for granted.
To use skills and knowledge to support Syrian clients in P3 Navigator hubs. e.g going through and explaining mail.
To help clients understand community essential functions, e.g how to access the bus.
To support clients to access appointments e.g. job centre, voluntary work opportunities
To use skills e.g. budgeting, shopping
To co facilitate events and group sessions for clients
• To understand confidentiality
• To share P3’s commitment to safeguarding and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults who may be at risk of harm
• To comply fully with P3’s Policies
• To have a suitable level of skills and/or knowledge in the chosen area
• To offer non judgemental support
• To have a welcoming and polite approach to people
• To be supportive and helpful to visitors and staff alike
• To be patient calm and inclusive
• To be punctual and reliable
• To adhere to the contents of the Volunteer Agreement