To enable us to increase capacity to deal with customer queries.
• To support advisors or work under own initiative.
• Dealing with queries from the general public.
• Answering telephone calls and supporting office callers. • Responding to enquiries. • Sending out relevant information.
• Updating written information, such as fact sheet, guides and leaflets.
• Maintaining records or work undertaken.
• Promoting the service
• Work to the quality standards set out by Age UK.
• Patience and understanding.
• Non- judgmental and respectful approach to other people.
• Interest in older people and their wellbeing.
• Ability to listen and gather information.
• Some office/admin experience.
• Some computer literacy.
• Good communication skills and a commitment to good record keeping.
• Ability to research information.
• Willingness to learn and maintain up to date information.
• Adaptable to change.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Experience within an advice setting would be desirable.