Do you have excellent communication skills, in particular in a public arena? Do you enjoy networking and would gain satisfaction of raising the profile of dementia and its impact? Are you confident, supportive and would embrace the opportunity to achieve good links with businesses and associations who could support the Alzheimer Society and its work? Then, this could be the ideal volunteer role for you.
The Fundraising Ambassador is a key volunteer role, with an emphasis on increasing income locally through influence at meetings, events and through existing contracts. The role will also include attending a range of local events that promote the Alzheimer Society to encourage links with local businesses, associations and individuals, where there is potential to increase the Society's income and/or profile.
Volunteers in this role will typically:
- Participate at local events at which the Society profile can be promoted to encourage support.
- Attending cheque presentations on behalf of the Society.
- Giving specific talks/ presentations to a range of external organisations marketing the Society
- Attending external meetings with existing high value supporters to offer continued support, encouragement and thanks
- Participate at internal events/meetings to inspire volunteers and employees, such a s inductions, conferences and fundraising meetings.
This is a flexible role in terms of hours that can be based on your availability and interests. In return, you will gain the satisfaction of contributing towards a good cause whilst delivering activities that you enjoy. You will receive a full induction, ongoing support, enjoy learning and development opportunities and reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses.reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses. You will also enjoy meeting and working with like minded people who share your interest.
- Has knowledge of, or willing to learn about dementia and its impact
- Is reliable, polite, approachable and has integrity
- Excellent communication skills especially in a public arena and can influence and inspire
- Can use Microsoft Packages for presentations
- Can volunteer with minimal supervision but still remain in contact with the Community Fundraiser regarding agreed tasks
- Enjoys meeting people,can building working relationships with people