We are a small, young Community-Interest Company / Charity offering counselling and support to young families living in deprived neighbourhoods and who experience multiple challenges such as poverty, abuse and stress. We currently have three part-time counsellors operating on two sites in the Chester area. Currently the counsellors handle their own admin work but this is inefficient and becoming impractical as caseloads increase. A different skillset is required.
• Arranging appointments with clients
• Collecting and reporting on attendance statistics
• Handling and reporting on client assessments and evaluation forms
• Handling enquiries from clients and others
• Handling of DBS checks for staff
• Updating of the website (www.platformforlife.org.uk)
• Contributing to development of our IT use.
Much of the role may conveniently be performed from the volunteer’s home at times to suit, but there would also be face-to-face contact with PFL staff.
• Abillity to relate empathically on the phone with vulnerable adults
• Good organisational skills with attention to detail
• Good IT skills – spreadsheets, Word, file handling and ability to take on new approaches, such as Cloud based IT
• Experience of being in positions of trust in handling confidential information
• Willingness to be flexible in catering for the needs of a small organisation