We are seeking individuals that have the following skills and experience to ensure a robust and effective board. In particular we are seeking a trustee who is able to act as our treasurer and support the finance manager of DASU over the coming months. Individuals with commissioning and tendering experience are also sought. Please tick the boxes that apply to you, there is an opportunity later in the application form to further explain your skills and experience:
– Ensuring the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements, and acts within the confines of its governing document and in furtherance to organisational activities contained therein.
– Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
– Promoting and developing the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance to society.
– Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisations’ objects, and investment activities meet accepted standards and policies
– Actively exploring opportunities to promote the charity in the current climate of change, and showcasing DASU at every opportunity
– Promote DASU and act as its advocate and representative at events where requires to support the Executive Team
– Actively being involved in a variety of sub groups and committee’s as and when required such as audit and finance, HR, policies and processes, fundraising and income generation etc to support the Executive team and advise the wider board.
- Interviewing, appointing and monitoring the work and activities of the Executive team.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources
- Acting as a counter-signatory on charity cheques and any applications for funds,
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of trustee’s responsibilities to the charity
- Provide support and supervision to the executive team as required
- Governance - Experience of working with key agencies/partners - Marketing and public relations - HR/training/staff development - Legal - Strategy and business planning - Management of people - Finance/audit - Fund raising/income generation - Welsh Language speaker
We are looking to recruit at least 6 members to the board. We would like a range of applicants with a variety of skills to create specialise roles. We are looking to fulfil officer roles relating to the following skills: • Financial • Commercial • Marketing & Media • Health & Education • Legal