Hoole Community Development Trust (HCDT) is a registered charity based at the Community Centre in Westminster Road, Hoole, Chester. The Trust operates the Centre itself; we rent rooms; provide a community café and library as well as organising community events so that it is financially independent and can play a full part in developing a vibrant community in Hoole.
We are looking for a new board member who can assist the Trust with its future development plans. The financial sustainability of the Trust and its ambition to support the local community is dependent on the operational success of the Centre, both in growing its revenue streams and in achieving new grant funding to support initiatives and capital improvement projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a business (preferably an SME), be a ‘hands-on’ team player, able and willing to contribute to the wider operational aspects of the business and with a genuine interest in developing community cohesion and maximising the potential of the Centre.
We are an equal opportunity organisation and offer a challenging, yet fun and fulfilling opportunity for someone who enjoys working in communities.
- To research (individually and in conjunction with other organisations) potential grant funders, both locally and nationally
- Prepare grant applications that match funders’ ambition and those of the Trust
- To attend board meetings (4 a year plus an AGM and occasional ad hoc meetings)
- To advise the board and/or Centre staff on targeting potential customers and/or initiatives that will improve revenue streams
- To occasionally assist Centre staff in organising and/or attending events
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND INTEREST
- Previous senior management / trustee experience
- Experience of running a small business
- Familiarity with figures and budgets
- Willingness to be hands-on and volunteer
- Experience of working in a charity or social enterprise