We are a small sports association club with approximately 40-50 members that provide sporting based recreation for individuals with learning disability some of who also have physical disability. We provide a ball skills (football) session at the Northgate Arena between 18:00 and 19:00 each Wednesday and multi sport activities between 12:00 and 15:00 each Saturday at Queens Park High Chester.
The club has been running for 25 years and currently operates without major fundraising activities due to the high level of volunteer support. Over the years the operating environment has changed significantly with a larger proportion of members living in supported arrangements and consequently a lower involvement of family members. Additionally, the administration and procedural documentation workload has grown in order to satisfy good practice and insurance requirements.
We are struggling to effectively resource this on a volunteer basis and so are looking to remunerate self-employed individuals or organisations to provide this support.
Prime Areas of Support
- Maintain and improve membership process and records for existing and new clients (copies of existing forms are available on request)
- Maintain and improve volunteer process and records for existing and new volunteer (copies of existing forms are available on request)
- Maintain and improve member support staff process and records for existing and new carers (copies of existing forms are available on request)
- Maintain and improve governance and operating documentation (policies and procedures) to meet good practice, insurance and fundraising needs (copies of existing documents are available on request)
- Maintain and improve risk assessment process and records for existing and new clients (copies of existing forms are available on request)
- Manage communications between the club and its stakeholders
- Ensure each sports session has the necessary information available for its safe and effective operation
- Attendance at committee and general meetings to record and issue minutes
- The support provider will report to the CSAD committee on progress and performance and the CSAD secretary will act as prime point of contact for any queries.
- It is our estimate that this will require an average of 2 to 3 hours of effort per week, however this is likely to peak and trough rather than be evenly spread.
- Invoices should be raised to trigger payments.
- Related costs and expenses will be paid upon presentation of receipts or as authorised by a committee member
- There may be additional opportunities for website and bookkeeping support that could be discussed separately.
A DBS check may be required for this role.