The two LGBT groups need to have stronger ties to develop the groups, to increase attendance and to work with the group to think of new and innovative activities for the group.
1. Look at ways to develop the LGBT attendance in the groups in Chester & Ellesmere Port.
2. Develop P3's ideas for its inclusion at Pride 2017
3. Look for ideas for activities that underpin the values and ideals of the LGBT communities.
4. work with partnership agencies to promote the P3 LGBT group
5. To use skills and knowledge to regularly assist support workers to work alongside clients to engage with and access social, leisure and practical activities.
6. To build and maintain social interaction and independence to improve the clients quality of life.
7. To provide information, advice and guidance on local leisure opportunities and transport.
8.To support staff with clients on a one to one basis – in a protected environment.
9.To encourage clients to make positive relationships and connect them into community activity, attending with them where necessary to build confidence and skills.
• To be resourceful with the ability to research opportunities based on individual clients circumstances and interests
• To understand the values of P3 and demonstrate a genuine commitment to supporting clients with multiple and complex needs
• To share P3’s commitment to safeguarding and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults who may be at risk of harm
• To comply fully with P3’s Policies
• To have the skills to build a one to one rapport
• To have a welcoming and polite approach
• To be supportive helpful and nurturing
• To be patient calm and inclusive
• To understand the difference between “doing to” and “doing with”
• To report any causes for concern regarding the welfare of the client to Supervisor immediately
• To understand confidentiality and demonstrate a practical understanding of safeguarding boundaries
• To be punctual and reliable
• To adhere to the contents of the Volunteer Agreement