Safety Central is an interactive life skills education centre opening in 2017 as part of Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service’s work to keep our community safe. The ground-breaking new centre houses four immersive learning zones and activity space which will be used to educate visitors about staying safe, keeping healthy and being happy.
As a Ranger, you will guide people of all ages around the centre, running simple activities that enabling them to think about how they can avoid coming to harm in a range of life-like situations.
• Greet and welcome visitors, who will range from primary school children to older adults
• Escort visitors around the centre delivering and reinforcing key safety messages
• Answer questions from the visitors during the tour
• Assist with set up and set down of activity equipment if necessary
• Promote Safety Central to potential visitors and potential new volunteers
Skills and experience required
• Willing to learn about safety, everyday lifeskills and well-being
• Ability and enjoyment in communicating and engaging with small groups of people
• Excellent people skills
• Reliable, responsible and trustworthy